Enjoy educational vignettes that identify and demonstrate transition of care interruptions
that interfere with safe, cost-effective, efficient, quality and patient-centric care!
1. Identify common failure points in transition of care that influence poor patient outcome.
2. Identify the critical information needed to render safe care during transport and avoid wrongful resuscitation.
3. Outline various communication strategies that lead to more effective care coordination and improved patient outcome.
4. Provide an opportunity for participants to network and report out other strategies to improve transitions
5. Define key ethical constructs as they relate to the care of geriatric patient.
8:30 – 9:00am Registration/Breakfast
9:00 – 10:00am – Part One of Presentation
10:00 – 10:15am – 10:15am – Break
10:15 – 11:10am – Part Two of Presentation
11:10 – 11:15am – Questions and Answers, Evaluation and Tours
Join us in celebrating the 16th Annual Legacy Society Spring Tribute Dinner.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
The Diamond Center at the Suburban Collection Showplace
46100 Grand River
Novi, Michigan 48374
$145.00 – Per Ticket
$1,300.00 – Per Table
To purchase tickets call the BIAMI office at (810) 229-5880.
All tickets must be purchased in advance of the event.
There will be No on-site sales.
Professional Service Award
Linda Michaels Gruber, Case Management Plus, Inc.
Community Service & Leadership Award
L. Brooks Patterson, Oakland County Executive
5:00- 6:30 p.m. – Cocktails, Hors D’oeuvres Reception
6:45- 7:30 p.m. – Welcome and Awards
7:30- 8:20 p.m. – Dinner Service
8:30p.m. – Entertainment by The Capitol Steps
There are no longer rooms available at the Hyatt Place. The hotel is full.
An alternative hotel option is the Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi.
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
27355 Cabaret Drive
Novi, MI, 48377
How To Help:
Provide a donation to the Online Auction
Submit an ad for the Dinner Ad Journal
Purchase tickets by calling the BIAMI office at (810) 229-5880
Two Associations – One Unique Event
Join us for the 2014 Annual Conference & Trade Show at the Lansing Convention Center. This year’s event is a unique collaboration between LeadingAge Michigan and the Hospice & Palliative Care Association of Michigan. Be a part of this dynamic educational and networking event. Choose from 8 educational tracks and 61 breakout sessions. Experience 3 one of a kind keynote presentations. Connect and network with 800 peers. Obtain your CEUs while having FUN!
Caring for a sick or aging loved one can be an overwhelming experience for many people in Southeast Michigan – but help is available. The Area Agency on Aging 1-B (AAA 1-B) is hosting its 15th Annual Solutions for Family Caregiver Expo to provide caregivers with valuable information, answers, and links to community resources and services in an effort to provide family caregivers with relief from their daily responsibilities and support to help them continue their important role.
Whether you are caring for a spouse, mother, father, child, relative or friend a few hours a week or 24 hours a day, you will not want to miss this important and FREE event:
- Visit with more than 90 exhibitors to learn more about products and services available to assist caregivers.
- Attend expert presentations throughout the day on a variety of topics.
- “Ask The Resource Specialist” and receive answers to questions on Medicare, Medicaid, prescription assistance and long term care insurance and learn about specific services and resources available in your community.
- Enjoy morning refreshments
- Cash and Carry Snacks Available
- Respite Care At The Expo for older adults and persons with disabilities is also available on-site at the event. Respite reservation required at (800) 852-7795.
- Door Prizes & Giveaways!